connecting a cm927 to a vaillant combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ALL my names phil electrician from liverpool. i have been trying to get this cm927 wireless controller to work on this brand new vaillant combi boiler. checked all wireing link took out from 3 4 and sender put in there place. pn from fused spur to sender 4c and earth used to boiler pn to boiler other 2c for terminals 3 4 there is a neutral terminal 5 but looks like its just for thermastat. when unit downstairs is in the off pos boiler still running any ideas would be great owner said it worked fine with his old boiler

Sponsored Links
The wireless receiver will definitely need a neutral connection, although I can't make head or tail of your post so may have completely misunderstood what you've done so far.

Phil: it's been a few months since I've looked at an Ecotec boiler, but it seems to me that you're trying to connect a wireless device to the mains terminals 3,4,5 - when you should be using the e-bus terminals.

There's only a need to remove the link 3-4 when you're using a mains room 'stat. Wireless devices are connected via the e-bus terminals.

I'll tell you what I would do if I were me: I'd get shot of the wireless 'stat and fit a standard, dependable room 'stat.........

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
Phil: it's been a few months since I've looked at an Ecotec boiler, but it seems to me that you're trying to connect a wireless device to the mains terminals 3,4,5 - when you should be using the e-bus terminals.

There's only a need to remove the link 3-4 when you're using a mains room 'stat. Wireless devices are connected via the e-bus terminals.

I'll tell you what I would do if I were me: I'd get shot of the wireless 'stat and fit a standard, dependable room 'stat.........

thanks p.o.d the e-bus terminals to my knowledge cant be used in the uk on vaillant boilers. thanks againl

Lucia.

I agree with this advice.

I connected a Vaillant VRT360 programmable room thermostat (230v) to my Vaillant combi boiler and haven't had any problems to date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back