Connecting a hot tap, to a power shower cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm upgrading a bathroom in a bungalow. It's in an extension a good distance from the main hot water tank. I intend to make the water to the bathroom independent, with a dedicated Economy 7 hot water tank, and a dedicated cold water tank in the loft, both to supply an electronic power shower (Aquiliser).

I don't want to draw from the existing tank, because that will be supplying the family bathroom in the future, with its own power shower.

The main question is how to supply the sink with hot water? I don't want the power shower to suck from the sink tap if it is turned on! With the shower pump drawing from the top of the hot cylinder (Correct?), can the sink supply be taken from the side, or do I need a Surrey/York/Essex flange if so which and where?

The drawing is what I have deducted as the best solution (please correct me!), it is based on my own en-suite which was installed before I got the house, but my sink is fed from another hot tank!

Averham.jpg

Sponsored Links
Forgot to mention, I'm having the cylinder custom made locally, so can have any fittings I need in any position.

Hot water cylinder need it own vent pipe from top of dome to over the cold tank, with tee near outlet of dome to sink and bath hot taps.

Power shower hot pipe need to be from Essex flange on the side of cylinder about 2/3 from bottom, I think. Or with a Surrey flange fitted to outlet of dome with taps pipe at side connector of the Surrey flange and shower pipe on top connector of Surrey flange.

That way, there should be no problem with airlock.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back