Connecting a Neff induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am also connecting a neff hob. The diagram shows a neutral bridge but NOT a live bridge however the hob is fitted with both a neutral AND a live bridge. I'm confused. Should i remove the live bridge to comply with the diagram or leave it in?

Sponsored Links
According to the diagram, you definitely need the neutral link.

The diagram doesn't show a link between the two lives. I suppose a link is supplied and fitted in case a larger cable with only one neutral and one live core is used.
It won't make any difference leaving the live link in, as the two live wires get joined together at the supply end anyway - so it can't do any harm.

According to the diagram, you definitely need the neutral link.

The diagram doesn't show a link between the two lives. I suppose a link is supplied and fitted in case a larger cable with only one neutral and one live core is used.
It won't make any difference leaving the live link in, as the two live wires get joined together at the supply end anyway - so it can't do any harm.

Oldlogger, my text above refers to the hob shown in the diagrams for at the top of this thread.

I am not sure if the hob you refer to in post number 7 is the same one.

It looks like your recent post was some time after the initial posts, so I am now assuming this could be a different hob.

Please confirm before you do anything.

Last edited:
Some areas of the EU have split phase supplies, it seems likely it is designed to also be used in those countries. Does it have the UKCA mark which replaced the CE mark?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back