Connecting a radiator (pipes running down from the ceiling) - costs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of our house renovation we had some pipes that went into our dining room through to our downstairs toilet/bathroom removed and rerouted. As part of that work the radiator in the dining room was disconnected as the piping was going all over the place

Now we want to have the radiator reconnected which will entail taking a feed from the pipes in the ceiling and putting new piping to the radiators (down the wall and scored in) that will be roughly 16 feet of piping.

What sort of cost should I expect to pay a plumber for this work (not including making good of the ceiling and walls ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dan, I know it's a difficult question. The piping above the ceiling is probably about 4 feet away from where it needs to then run down to the radiator. Would 600, 800, 1000 quid be too much.
Obviously I don't want to be ripped off. Going to get a few quotes but just wondered if anyone had had this type of work done so I have some idea when talking to plumbers.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Get 3 quotes then come back to us.

Chopping the wall is very dusty and not normally a job for a plumber.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back