Connecting a rf portal galaxy 2-20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to connect a rf portal to a galaxy 2-20 I’ve tryed but panel doesn’t seem to see it thanks

Sponsored Links
Which address do you have the rotary dial set to? The G2 only supports two addresses 4 or 5.

So to hijack a thread but are Galaxy detectors one way or two way technology?

Would the rotary dial be the one in the keypad ?
The only thing that’s changed is the main panel .

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No, on the module. The older modules only support 4 or 5 with a jumper anyway. Is the replacement board up to date firmware wise ? V1.56 is the most recent for G2. I'd need to check the version that started supporting the c079 module, as there was an old version that only supported the co77 RF module.

On the rf pcb the jumper is on both pins which I think is 5 and on panel it 1.10

According to the docs, the co79 portal was supported with V2 protocol up to V1.44 on the G2. Alpha and V2 was supported from V1.50 panel firmware. So, you have a co79 module on a V1.10 panel and that should see the portal. What is the portal RS485 LED doing ? Just a slow on off flash and not the single pulsed flash ?

Okay, so the portal is not being seen by the panel. If the RS485 connection is correct, I would upgrade the panel to V1.56 and try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back