connecting a single skin flue pipe to a woodburning stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the stove pipe is 125mm in diameter and so is the outlet on the stove but when the pipe is placed into the outlet there is a gap of about 5mm all the way around it. If I just fill it with fire cement will this be strong enough to hold it in place and will the cement crack if it is to thick

Sponsored Links
Fill up the gap with some moist fireclay cement - its available in white or black. I use my fingers for this. High temperature flue pipe tape is available for going over joints too - but it isn't so pretty!
This stuff is only for filling gaps such as these - it cant support any stresses.
John :)

Fill up the gap with some moist fireclay cement - its available in white or black. I use my fingers for this. High temperature flue pipe tape is available for going over joints too - but it isn't so pretty!
This stuff is only for filling gaps such as these - it cant support any stresses.
John :)[/

Thanks John, what brand of cement would you recomend and should I also use fire rope

I guess any make will do, but I use Purimachos - its easy to smooth with a damp sponge.
By all means pack the gap with some fire rope first if you have some handy.
John :)

Sponsored Links
make sure it isn`t asbestos rope :eek: that`s been lying around since pre-PC days :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back