connecting electric shower to water supply using flexi pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to connect an electric shower to the water supply using a 300mm flexi pipe?

Sponsored Links
You can but it's not best practise to use a flexi.
Where is the flexi going inside the wall or external on the wall ?

External to the wall. I just want to make it easier to replace the shower if it breaks in say 5 years time.

My dads shower broke last year and he wanted the exact same shower again in case the water pipe didn't line up. Otherwise he would have had to carefully remove the wall tile to adjust the pipe.

I've never seen anybody else use a flexi for a shower but it was just an idea to make things easier in the future.

There is a good few retro fit showers about now that will over come pipework issues that it's not really a problem nowdays to have to alter pipework.

Use to be a problem when people changed makes ie mira inlets on the left and triton inlets on the right, but most are interchangeable now.

Sponsored Links
For interchangeability, make sure the shower unit itself is mounted on top of the tiles, not with tiles cut around it ;)

Have used a flexi where entry holes from a very old, and broken shower didn’t line up with the new shower.
Works ok.
When it’s external to the unit it becomes an appearance issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back