Flexible water connection for electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I'm looking for some advice regarding fitting a electric shower to a stand alone shower cubicle.

Where the electric shower will be positioned is approx 0.5m from where the water supply exits the wall, where my old shower was.

To get the water supply to reach the shower I will have to extend the piping, the easiest way to do this would be to use a flexi hose like is used to connect to taps, does anyone have any experience of doing that? Is there a special type of hose specifically for showers not taps?

I found this old thread and the person seems to done something similar succesfully.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/connecting-shower-using-flexible-tap-connector.344839/

Sponsored Links
Could be done but it's a rough way of doing it. Make sure you get a large-bore flexi so it doesn't restrict the flow too much

rough as a badgers ar...e way of doing it but i think thats about the norm now.

Sponsored Links
rough as a badgers ar...e way of doing it but i think thats about the norm now.

Whats rough about it?

I could build copper piping around and secure it to the wall, but part of me thinks whats the point, when a flex hose will do the same thing for a lot less time and effort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back