Connecting Nest HeatLink to Potterton Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
duplicate threads merged
Boiler Connections.jpg Boiler Terminal Block.jpg Honeywell thermostat THR872CUK.jpg Nest HeatLink.jpg

Hi all,
Would love to have some advise on how to connect the Nest 3rd Gen Heatlink to my Potterton Gold Combi 33HEa.
There is currently a Honeywell THR872CUK connected to the boiler which is being used with a Honeywell wall thermostat, but I would be removing the wall thermostat completely and using the Nest thermostat in its place in a different location.
I have supplied some pictures with the current wiring as is connected at the moment to the current stat.
What wires would I need to connect to the heatlink and it what configuration as per my wiring labelling ?

If you require any further information please let me know

I would like to thank you all in advance for any help or advise offered

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi all,
Would love to have some advise on how to connect the Nest 3rd Gen Heatlink to my Potterton Gold Combi 33HEa.
There is currently a Honeywell THR872CUK connected to the boiler which is being used with a Honeywell wall thermostat, but I would be removing the wall thermostat completely and using the Nest thermostat in its place in a different location.
I have supplied some pictures with the current wiring as is connected at the moment to the current stat.
What wires would I need to connect to the heatlink and it what configuration as per my wiring labelling ?

If you require any further information please let me know

I would like to thank you all in advance for any help or advise offered

Attachments

• Boiler Connections.jpg
    Boiler Connections.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Boiler Terminal Block.jpg
    Boiler Terminal Block.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 601
  • Honeywell thermostat THR872CUK.jpg
    Honeywell thermostat THR872CUK.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 573
  • Nest HeatLink.jpg
    Nest HeatLink.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 639
As you have marked your cables

L1 and L3 to L on nest
N1 and N3 to N on nest
L2 to 2 on nest
N2 to 3 on nest but note even though this is a blue wire it is NOT a neutral. It is the switched live so should have brown sleeving or tape on it to indicate that it is a live wire.

The wires in N at your current stat go to the Heat link (N)

The wires in L & L at your current stat go to the Heat link (L)

The wire in A at the current stat goes to Heat link (2) Heating common

The wire in B at the current stat goes to Heat link (3) Heating call for heat

The Nest thermostat can be powered by a plug in power supply, or wiring its T1 & T2 terminals to T1 & T2 at the Heat link.

The earth connection goes to the earth connection next to T1

The existing wiring has been badly installed, there shouldn't be lots of copper visible at the terminals, and no whiskers poking out. The terminals at the Heat link are very close together and there is a risk of a short circuit it the wires aren't terminated properly.

This is how they should look.

Capture.JPG

This is a different installation to yours, so don't worry that it doesn't match exactly, I've just posted it to show how the terminations should be done.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Vovski you have posted this question twice, and both myself and @Johnmdc have taken time to help you. One of us unnecessarily.

Forum rule 5 states:
rules.JPG

For your future reference, the rest of the forum rules can be found here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back