Connecting new electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning of installing a new electric oven(AEG B3101) with a rating of 3 KW can i connect this to a FCU with 13 AMP fuse?

Sponsored Links
theoretically, no..... 3KW/230v = 13.04A...

in actuality, yes...... 3KW/240v = 12.5A..

Sponsored Links

Er no depends if the rating is 3 KW at 230 V as it's AEG I suspect it could be rated at 230 V

ColJack said:

WRONG

The resistance stays constant, wattage varies with voltage. More volts more wattage and more current.

Ummmm i am now offically confused. :confused:

On the oven the the volts is 230-240.

I checked the aeg website(http://www.aeg-electrolux.co.uk/Files/united_kingdom_english/0-999/spec%20and%20diagrams.pdf) it says fuse rating of 13 amps so i guess it will work.

No need to be confused Wild....
Has your oven come with its own length of flex already attached?
Because if it has then...
Yes the ovens wiring will need local protection from a 13amp fuse.
I dont know if your running a dedicated circuit to an FCU or your tapping off the kitchen ring/radial but either way a switched FCU with a 13amp fuse will offer the correct protection for the power you state.
Remember if this oven is a new addition to your installation then you need to notify building control........
If the oven is a replacement (EXACT LIKE FOR LIKE INCLUDING THE FCU)then its minor work and you need not notify.

festa said:
Wahoooooo
We can scrap ohms law :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well it has been around for a long time. Due for revision. It has also been an obstruction to the progress of electrons but I expect there will be ample resistance against any potential attempt to change or scrap it.

No the oven didnt came with any cables. I used the same flex cable which was connected to the previous gas oven which in turns connects to a switched FCU Spur with a 13 AMP fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back