CONNECTING NEW TOILET TO EXISTING SEWER PIPE.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have exposed an existing sewer pipe from a downstairs toilet to see if I can connect a new pipe from a new toilet in an upstairs bedroom ensuite, to avoid using a macerator.Can a saddle be installed on the existing sewer pipe then connected with a new soil and vent and then connected to the new toilet.If ok are there any building regs and if so what certification should Iask the plumber for.

Sponsored Links
cut an inspection chamber into the main drain and use one of the preformed connections on it and employ a proper plumber who should have allready told you this.

After reading lots of info on web sites found that this work is notifiable and requires building regs approval.Application costs £156.00 and you get a certificate on completion of work for when you sell your house to avoid complications with buyers solicitors and surveyors.Also decided that shallow access inspection chamber was the best option for rodding in the event of any blockages, also saddle or y piece may not be acceptable in this location or building regs.Have now carried out the work myself as the plumbing company didnt seem too keen to complete the ground works which was the hardest part of the job.A very good web site to look at is A J McCormack Paving, shows you the groundworks and what you can expect .Installation side wasnt difficult if you are handy but you need a disc cutter and tools to do the work which I fortunately have.Not a job for everybody to tackle as a D.I.Y project.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back