connecting on to old grey hep20 pipe

Sponsored Links
The new Hep20 is backward compatible with it's older versions. You can use the new fittings with old inserts and vice versa, but you will only get it joint recognition "rumble" with the new fitting and new insert.

So I can use a new hep20 fitting and either the liner that was in the old pipe or a new liner?

Yes, and as long as you use components from the Hep2o range you will be covered by their warranty.

If you start "mixing" components from different manufacturers the warranty becomes something of a grey area.

Sponsored Links
Hope you don't mind me butting in......I had a similar issue recently, so I found a nice snug insert for the Hep20 then added a 15mm compression fitting with copper olives. After that, I continued with JG Speedfit using their genuine inserts and fittings. No problems at all.
John :)

Hope you don't mind me butting in......I had a similar issue recently, so I found a nice snug insert for the Hep20 then added a 15mm compression fitting with copper olives. After that, I continued with JG Speedfit using their genuine inserts and fittings. No problems at all.
John :)

If you are planning on changing manufacturers then Burnerman is spot on, by using a compression fitting both connections will be covered by each of the manufacturers warranties. Copper olive and a bit of PTFE tape if required (never use jointing paste).
If you are sticking with Hep2o then you can use old or new fittings / inserts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back