Connecting oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best was to connect the gas hob ignition (13amp plug, would imagine 3a fuse) and electric oven (13amp plug).

At present there is a flex outlet straight from the cooker switch.

Can I change this to a 13amp fused spur and hardwire bother oven and hob to this?

It looks like this at present.

cookerwiring.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Having looked at my oven installation instructions, it says "Do not connect using a 13amp plug'. Doh!

It is a 3.3kw single oven.

So, how can this and the hob ignitiion be wired?

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify ColJack I assume you would recommend the OP uses a 13A FCU rather than just a cooker outlet as shown in the picture, if the oven is only expecting a 13A feed?

Oh hang on, 3.3kW, that's more than 13A so ignore me - looks like cooker connection plate is the right answer there then...

I'd have recommended dropping the feed's fuse down to 16 or 20A, but that means messing in the fuse board and I don't know how competent or safe the OP is, or the state / age of their fuseboard..

CU is 17th, fitted about 3 months ago.
Looks like the dual back box it is.

Cheers guys.

I'd have recommended dropping the feed's fuse down to 16 or 20A, but that means messing in the fuse board and I don't know how competent or safe the OP is, or the state / age of their fuseboard..
Changing it might not be optional...

Having looked at my oven installation instructions, it says "Do not connect using a 13amp plug'. Doh!
Do the instructions say what the fuse/MCB rating of the circuit should be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back