Connecting Panel Wiring

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
My PC was full of building dust so I dismantled it and blew the parts clean with an airline. I thought everything on the motherboard was labelled and it mostly is but the single socket for the 4 plugs to HDD led, Power Led, Power button and reset button is confusing. It is right at the bottom of the case so difficult to photograph but you can see there are 9 pins and the socket is labelled PANEL 1. The power led is a 3 way line socket but only has 2 wires. This line socket is printed "POWER LED" on one side and there is a green "R" label the other side. This would suggest it should be top right of the socket with the missing wire corresponding to the missing pin. The printing on the motherboard would suggest: power led=top left, HDD led=bottom left, power button=top right and reset button =bottom right. I bought the PC secondhand so I do not know the make of motherboard. Any suggestions about what goes where?
socketprinting3.png

Sponsored Links
An overall picture of the mobo would have helped decipher who's it is.
There will usually be a clue to the mobo make & model on it somewhere.

The missing pin is usually for polarisation of a single 10 way connector although singles, doubles and triples are often used.

Different motherboards may have different pinouts, however if you watch
and pause at exactly 1.18 you will see
a picture from his manual that looks very similar to yours.

Neve throw away the motherboard manual, or alternatively find the motherboard model and find a PDF copy. That will include a nice diagram that helps identify the relevant pins.

Having said that I've just resorted to trial and error in the past. It's low powered stuff and you're not going to break anything.

Sponsored Links
47 mins into this pretty good 2013 build video -
Clearly showing and connecting front panel wiring for the kit he is building.

Good vid' for someone embarking upon a self build... from 2 mins into the film. Ignore the nonchalant lobbing of paperwork.
-0-

Back