connecting stainless back boiler directly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have aquired a woodburner with a small stainless steel back boiler, dhw only. Is it possible to connect it directly to my indirect cylinder using a gravity system, I also have an oil system which feeds into the indirect cylinder coil, never used but I dont want to remove the oil system. The water cylinder is in a good position relative to the stove, 9 ft above and 6 ft to the right. Would it be possible to 't' off the cold water inlet just before it connects to the cylinder and have the hot out from the boiler 't' into the hot out from the cylinder. Are their any other possibilities? any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
may be better to fit some flanges to the cylinder so it has seperate connections otherwise you may get the cold feed drawing water straight through the stove

Hi, thanks for the reply, could you be more specific. What type of flange and where and how would I fit them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back