connecting thermostat to a Worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi iv just installed a Worcester greenstar classic 29kw boiler and trying to to wire a dryton thermostat programmer to it, when switched on the boiler it reaches its own heat temperature and ignores the the thermostat .... if any one could help that would be great thank you :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Most boiler fitters are not electricians, and as a result either don't do wiring, or have a go and make a mess of it.

Were there / is there any other external controls for the boiler?

What sort of themostat are you trying to use?

What cable did you use between the boiler and the thermostat?

Which terminals did you connect it to on the boiler?

Did you remove the factory fitted link from the boiler?

Really? The amount of botched wiring jobs I've had to sort out, I'd be amazed if more than 5% know how to wire it properly.

Why would a DIYer need an FGA just to work on the electrical controls?

Oh whoops, completely misread the op, as trying to wire a stat to an existing boiler :oops:

You gas men really are cleverer than us sparks :eek:

Touche!

I wire on average a system a week for a local installer. Mainly seems to be s plan plus these days, but occasionally get a nice thermal store and zoned UFH installation to wire up.

Did a nice 4 zone system a little while back.

A relay per zone, so the boiler and pump won't run until the zone valve has opened.

BB52392D-0E04-418D-B84F-8EB1EDAF6208-17083-00001BEC72D5DC2D.jpg

57C12470-B7B7-41D7-9B04-83D1B03D25E3-17083-00001BEC7AD0984D.jpg

Does that count?

Nice lacing there dude....

Did one recently - 5 zones, hot water and hot water priority (when tank was half depleted) through relays.

Wiring centre didn't look as neat as yours though - wanted half a day extra to tidy it up, but there other things that needed doing in the time allotted.

Squeaky bum moment when I powered it up for the first time I can tell you :LOL:

No - I'm not posting a picture of the finished box :LOL: its a little embarrassing - but it works ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back