Connecting timer to combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was installed without the existing timer connected. Is it an easy job to connect the current timer to the boiler now?

I plan to get a gas safe engineer to do this but wonder if it would be a big job and cost a lot?

Sponsored Links
If the timer and wring is suitable then it is straightforward. Hard to say though without much more info.

My boiler was installed without the existing timer connected.
Why wasn't it connected? If it was overlooked by the boiler installer, get him back to do the job.

The job does not require a gas safe engineer.

Do you have a room thermostat?

My boiler was installed without the existing timer connected.
Why wasn't it connected? If it was overlooked by the boiler installer, get him back to do the job.

The job does not require a gas safe engineer.

Do you have a room thermostat?

the gas safe guy said that it was faulty so he had to disconnect it as otherwise the boiler won't turn on. at the time he advised that the thermostat should be used to regulate the boiler.

Sponsored Links
you might consider a Programmable Room Thermostat which incorporates a timer that allows you to set different temperatures at different times of day on different days of the week.

If you set it to the lowest temperature, the heating will be off unless the house approaches freezing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back