Connecting to black plastic watermain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to replace the compression 'tee' fitting connecting the incoming black water main - 1" ID (?) to the house plumbing which is being replaced and reconfigured.

Can anyone advise if new brass compresion fittings are still available for connecting to this type of black plastic pipe? What size should I be looking for?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Kuterlite 1700 range is still available, but you'll probably struggle to find it.
An equal tee is a 1718.
Don't forget the inserts (1766 X 3).
Do you have a Plumbase or Buildbase near you? (3 branches each in Devon.)
Speak to your bank manager first! Not cheap (understatement!).

Does it have to be metal? (It'll be gunmetal, BTW, not brass.)
Philmac fittings will fit imperial pipe without adaptors.

Thanks for your reply.

I've now had a closer look and measure. The O/D appears to be 28mm as far as I can measure without dismantling. I suppose that's 3/4" ID.

Is this likely?

If so then I assume standard 28mm copper fittings would do the job. I was expecting it to be a more odd size than that. :rolleyes:

Assume what you like. Do what you are tempted to do. Just don't come bleating on here when it all goes tlts up. ;)

Roughly 28mm OD would be old 3/4" Alkathene.

Sponsored Links
Assume what you like. Do what you are tempted to do. Just don't come bleating on here when it all goes tlts up. ;)

Roughly 28mm OD would be old 3/4" Alkathene.

I'll take your "28mm OD would be old 3/4" Alkathene" but will pass on the rest of your comments thanks. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back