Connecting to lead mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, My main feed into the house is lead onto an old stopcock. I want to remove this and replace in mdpe and new internal stopcock. What's the best way to connect the mdpe to the lead underground?
House is on a joint main feed from neighbours house.
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Can you not eliminate the lead totally?
Check and see if your local council or water co will assist in grants to replace the lead too.

There is a mdpe coupling which attaches to lead you will need to know the weight as this is how they are measured from memory.

Pete

Turn everyone off ....cut 1 foot of pipe and weigh it . take measurement to local Plumb. Center :LOL:

Yes, but "Plumb Center" are a pain in the @ss. They told me they had a valve in stock, I drove there and they never had it. Not a single apology or computer related excuse...they were just a bunch of miserable cockney geezers. I avoid Wolesely chain at all costs because of this...

Sponsored Links
We must be lucky down here in the stix, then. 3 good merchants for plumbing and a couple for heavyside . Report the tossers to Wolseley direct @ their HQ. via the web. :idea: . I` ve reported Rottenbugger tools and Brit san ;) direct to their MD`s before now. You usually get a result. It`s so easy now to complain/rip the **** , whatever. Get one of those web phones and text them while waiting @ another merchants. :idea:

We must be lucky down here in the stix, then. 3 good merchants for plumbing and a couple for heavyside . Report the t*****s to Wolseley direct @ their HQ. via the web. :idea: . I` ve reported Rottenbugger tools and Brit san ;) direct to their MD`s before now. You usually get a result. It`s so easy now to complain/rip the p**s , whatever. Get one of those web phones and text them while waiting @ another merchants. :idea:

Wolsey are just not interested in their customers!

They have parts centres in the same room as plumb centers but the plumb will not serve boiler bits when the parts man is off for the day, week or month.

Triton certainly do not respond to complaints sensibly as I found out when their shower pump failed after five days!

Its a sign of the times that big companies like T-Mobile just dont bother about their customers and as I discovered they can be quite rude but you cannot get higher that their £13k pa customer service clerks! When they have 8,000,000 customers no one customer has any significance!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back