Connecting to tee on cast iron soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They I'm wanting to connect on to the tee of my cast iron soil stack It comes off this in lead at the momment and goes to the toilet. Will a pan connectors fit nicely into this or is it the cast iron pipe it self they fit in to. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I think you'll struggle to remove the lead from the cast junction without a lot of aggro. The lead will have been sealed in at the time of installation with a run of molten lead. Cutting the lead without it distorting or splitting could be tricky, I'd seriously be looking at changing the entire stack if possible.

Pan connector could probably be used, but it wont be a pretty job, and runs the risk of leaks and blockages IMO.

ok was wanting to change it as were the lead from the iron stack comes in its too far off the wall to fit a close couple toilet. Is a low one in at mo. Am i right in saying I could up a pan connector in to this lead if i knock it with a hammer to give it a bigger diameter to make it accept a pan connector? I would be able to fit a close couple toilet if I put a bent flexi pan connector in to the lead as it would push back to allow the toilet to fit back to the wall.

Sponsored Links
You are on the right lines with the hammer ;) . Personally, I would warm the lead and tap it round with my lead dressing mallet ( that`s cone shaped). Warm it until a gob of spit bubbles and rolls of it . .I also use basins as urinals :eek: good job I haven`t any customers now :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back