Connection required for float valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a bit of a meldown with my cistern the other week and both float valve and the dual flush system needed replaced. I have swapped out the dual flush no problem and all working / leak free.

However, I am trying to fit a Fluidmaster 747(uk) Side Inlet valve to complete the set up. However I am being somewhat dense I feel as the connections I have don't seem to match up.

My water supply into the cistern is 10mm copper and comes through the body of the tank in an unusual way (see attached pic). It doesnt come through the side, instead up through a purpose made hole in the tank and points out to the side. The fluidmaster has a 15mm threaded shank on the end. Now I realise this is meant for side inlet, so should I be looking for a different float valve or is there a way for me to go from 10mm copper to 15mm female.

I have a spare 10mm/15mm reducer but that has 15mm male end that just obv doesnt connect to the fluidmaster as it has a 15mm male also. I need a reducer that takes the 10mm copper onto a 15mm female, but I cant seem to see one anywhere.

Someone please slap me upside the head and tell me where I am going wrong.

Sponsored Links
Slap :LOL: you need a Prestex reducing set - number 102/3/4 (15x10mm) and a Prestex F.Iron/copper - number 41 ..15mm . All fits together and the float valve screws in - sealed with PTFE tape on it`s threads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back