United Kingdom
Hi,

Can you give me a recommendation for a gate valve/tap that:
* has a wall fixing or can be attached to wall fixing
* output is either horizontal or vertical male 3/4 BSP
* input is 15mm supply pipe.
?

Background:
I'm sorting out irrigation in my garden. The supply will be a 15mm pipe. I need some sort of isolation valve which could be a tap or gate valve or even the simple type of valves for washing machines would do. However, I need it to be able to be fixed to the wall because I'll be attaching a heavy backflow preventer to it and then a water timer to the backflow preventer. The backflow preventer needs to be aligned in a particular way, so can only take a horizontal or vertical input. It attaches to a male 3/4inch BSP.

So:
15mm supply > Isolation valve/tap/gate > Backflow preventer > water timer > Hose.

Main considerations are the weight of the stuff that will be hanging off the isolation valve means it needs a wall fixing. And space is a bit tight.

A normal garden tap with a wall plate might have been ok - except that the output of the taps seem to always be 45 degrees, rather than vertical or horizontal.

Sponsored Links
Hang on - I think I'm being a bit dense. Maybe I can get a garden tap that points straight down. That'd work just fine. Bit more looking required.

15mm ball valve and some proper saddle clips for the pipes. The other ket, might be able to nail them to a board using rubber 22mm or 28mm brackets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back