Conservative manifesto Fact Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When Johnson pledges 50,000 extra nurses, one might think that means 50,000 extra nurses.

Oh no it doesnt :ROFLMAO:

The Tories say they will encourage 19,000 nurses to stay, which by magic can be called 'new nurses'.

Sponsored Links
The manifesto promises more money for schools.

The amount shown is spread over four years.

It amounts to £1 per week per child.

The problem with the Tory manifesto is the ideology behind it and Brexit.

The Tories are the party of Brexit and they cannot commit to spending because they need to have as many policy options available because Brexit will be a $hitstorm. The only solution would be to raise AD through Government spending when Brexit starts to slow the economy.

If there wa no Brexit, the Tories could commit to more spending increases.

I'm just trying to assess the Con promises.

They say they'll restore the student nursing grants they scrapped in 2017. But tuition fees for nurses - not levied before 2017, but currently up to £9,250 a year - will not be scrapped.

Should I applaud a shoplifter who, having been caught, and is standing in the dock awaiting sentence, promises that next year he will give back half the things he stole last year?

Do I believe that, if he hadn't been caught, he would be saying that?

Why did he steal them in the first place? If he is remorseful, why hasn't he already given them back?

What do Borisites say?

Sponsored Links
The tories should just be honest and promise more tax rises and austerity. Proper austerity.
So that we can lower the debt mountain.
No pain no gain.

On second thoughts just introduce a second manifesto after they win.
Outlining the above.
The sheeples will duly follow.:D

Its a good job the politicians in the opposing parties are being honest. Like high ranking labour supporters advising people to vote tory.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The tories should just be honest and promise more tax rises and austerity. Proper austerity.
So that we can lower the debt mountain

The EU is pro austerity, Ryler is obviously a Europhile. (y)

When do you expect to receive your £500? When do you think I will get mine?

"Boris Johnson's tax promise to see Britons £500 better off - 'Low tax for working people!'
BORIS Johnson has promised to hand millions of workers tax cut of nearly £500-a-week if he wins the general election."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...oris-johnson-national-insurance-tax-threshold

I've no need for mine. Would be happy to give an extra £500 to IR.
They will need it to pay the extra 50,000 nurses.
I don't smoke or pizz my money up against a wall.

FactCheckUK
(not the tory one)

tory.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back