Conservatory built over drain inspection point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we had a conservatory built over 19 years ago and have been looking to either replace the polycarbonate roof with an insulated one, or build a new extension. One of the problems is, despite telling us they would sort it, the builders just concreted over an inspection point on the patio. It’s currently covered by part of our conservatory wall (I’ve attached a couple of photos). There is an inspection point near our back door and when the upstairs loo is flushed I can hear water flowing but not see it. The covered inspection point is pretty much parallel to this one so not sure where the pipes are connecting.

We’ve had absolutely no problems with the loo or the conservatory and no smells since it was built, but I’m reluctant to spend money on a new conservatory roof if we’re in a position where if something did go wrong we couldn’t rod the drains.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what our options are. Can a new inspection point be added in on the patio? That still wouldn’t enable someone to rod the run leading to the house though.

cheers

Attachments

• AD196229-E0FB-4F51-AA40-35AD0C51BFA3.jpeg
    AD196229-E0FB-4F51-AA40-35AD0C51BFA3.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 4A15FDB9-8F7B-4E52-81A8-C3629EEE3E2C.jpeg
    4A15FDB9-8F7B-4E52-81A8-C3629EEE3E2C.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back