Conservatory footings advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently having a conservatory built, but am a little confused about the footing depth required.

The conservatory is exempt from building controls, but I would still like it done correctly.

I did not manage to measure the depth of the foundations, but took this quick pic:

2601477006_997c2a124c.jpg

This does not appear to be the 3 feet that everyone seems to think is the required minimum. I thought they were going to dig deeper, but they filled it with concrete.

The second issue I have is with the foul drain in the picture. They replaced the original with this plastic one, but have now built on top of the original inspection cover without sealing it! I assume I will need a new inspection cover, and the original one should have been sealed to stop any unwanted smells in the conservatory once it is finished.

Sponsored Links
Your image is not viewable in the forum. :cry:

may i suggest you use the
icon_edit.gif

to correct your link.

it looks like you have done it manually. you have the / before the last [ bracket.

so it looks like

/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back