Conservatory Electrics question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a single socket spur taken from the ringmain in the kitchen out to the conservatory (this has been in-place for some time). The conservatory currenly has no other sockets fitted. I want to fit 3 double sockets and I was thinking of replacing the single socket with a 13amp FCU (with a 13amp fuse fitted) then connecting 3xdouble sockets in a radial circuit. The problem is that I want to fit 1 double socket on one wall and 2 x double sockets on the wall opposite - The only way I can think of of connecting all the cables from each side of the room to the FCU is via a 13amp junction box.

So, the power will come from the ring main in the kitchen through the FCU down to the junction box, then split and 1 cable going to 1 side of the room and 1 to the other. Is this safe to do?

RingMain (kitchen)
|
FCU
|
Junction Box-----1 double socket
|
1 double socket
|
1 doucle socket

Thanks,
Russell

Sponsored Links
Ommit the Joint Box.

Assuming the cable from the kitchen is from the rear of a socket on the ring, or a joint box on the ring - Take the cable to a Fused Connect Unit (Unswitched). From here, one cable to the left, and one to the right. You will have a single cable feeding the FCU, but two leaving it. This would be fine.

One point to mention - 13amp is your total possible load, as I am sure you are aware?

Thanks for the advice - I'll not use a junction box :)

Thanks,
Russell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back