conservatory electrics

bare copper micc looks good in some places but not in a conservatory, trunking - yep I could have guessed that one - who would fancy that eh? clipped inside the cavity, sounds like a plan I think!

Sponsored Links
Remember, cables in cavities are not permitted as drawing them in can damage them, and you musn't bridge the cavity
No one seems to subscribe to this though do they?

This week I've seen an air-con co pass four cables in a nice bundle (plus refrigerant pipes) from inside a building through a cavity wall then drop to an underground trench feeding exterior heatpumps, and a media engineer install telephone, internet and TV cables through a cavity from a junction box outside.

A colleague has a brand new house with a light on the front wall near the door with no visible cables, to get there, the cable will have had to cross the cavity somewhere.

All of my TV aerial cables installed by a CAI engineer cross the cavity as well.

:oops: oops seem to inadvertently replied to an old thread, must have followed a link somewhere. Sorry mods

Wouldn't cables run in a cavity be a fire hazard (more at risk should a fire spread in the cavity

Sponsored Links
I've got a very similar dilema at the moment.
But im thinking of putting the cables in the floor screed, obviously in earthed conduit though, I assume that would be ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back