spur off spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some advice would be very much appreciated.
On hacking off water damaged plaster in a conservatory I found that the feed for 4 double sockets along the wall had been taken from a single spur in the adjoining lounge with a 13 amp FCU in between the lounge spur and the 1st conservatory socket. It is not easy to turn the lounge spur into part of the ring due to fixed units and decorating. I would like to know taking into account that I understand that the total cumulative load on the 4 sockets must not exceed 13 amps (1) is this safe (2) is it legal
(3) will the 13 amp FCU protect the lounge spur and ring?.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
If you are in doubt, refusing the circuit at 20A will ensure safe operation until you can rectify properly

I found that the feed for 4 double sockets along the wall had been taken from a single spur in the adjoining lounge with a 13 amp FCU in between the lounge spur and the 1st conservatory socket.

Do you mean that the FCU is connected into the back of a socket which is itself on a spur? If this is what you mean, and if it's a single socket, and if you can live without it being there, put the FCU where the socket is.

Sponsored Links
Yep, and if you really cant do with out the socket, put it where the fused spur was ;)

Swip and swap ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back