Conservatory Floor Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My conservatory floor consists of a concrete slab with wooden joists laid directly onto it. The joists are covered with T & G chipboard, with ceramic tiling on top. In winter, the floor is freezing most of the time. What kind of insulation would I be able to lay between the slab & the chipboard, if any. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I work for Kingspan Insulation and we would advise on the use of Thermafloor TF70 floor board laid between the joists. This would however only be applicable if the insulation is be placed above DPM. If there is no DPM below or on top of the slab then you would need to use the Styrozone H350R product.

The difference between the two products is the material type. You would get a better performance with the Thermafloor TF70 but this has to be protected by the DPM from below.

Hope this helps.

Anna

If you taking up the T&G crapboard to insulate don’t re-fit with crapboard, fit a flooring material more suitable for tiling, 22-25mm WBP ply (depending on joist pitch); I’m surprised your tiles haven’t cracked up if they’ve been laid onto chip.

But unfortunately your cons will still be freezing in winter. ;)

Sponsored Links
Fibre-wool will give you a much better financial return than any insulation board for your conservatory, however you would need to suspend it between the joists with some kind of netting rather than sitting it direct onto the slab.

AS RC says, however, it is very probably not going to alter the temperature noticeably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back