Conservatory floor too high and is restricting ventilation..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A house I am buying has a conservatory added on to the dining room. The survery we had carried out says that the concrete conservatory floor is too high and is restricting sub floor ventilation. I believe this could lead to damp in the dining room? The survery recommends airbricks. Does the whole floor need replacing? Can an air brick be placed about the level of the conservatory floor? How do I approach this situation? I'm not particulary experienced with anything structural so would appreciate ideas/advice.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
the monkeys that built the connie never fitted pipe or ducting through the connie floor, thus allowing the existing floors vents to 'breathe'.

a fairly common mistake by pvcu companies. they just do not know enough about buildings, but know a bit about glorified plastic sheds. :rolleyes:

it may mean digging up the floor i'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply.

That doesn't sound good...or cheap! Would you say it is best to just get on and do it to stop a problem occuring or leave it and hope for the best?

joeellis2000 said:
Would you say it is best to just get on and do it to stop a problem occurring or leave it and hope for the best?

yes, as leaving the floor unvented could be catastrophic. :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back