Conservatory gearbox/catch question

The middle hinge has been adjusted in the past.
You can see what a section of the hinge has moved across a little.
I am unable to adjust as I think it's at the end of its travel & Allen screws not turning.
Anything I can do with the catch plate on the frame instead ?

Sponsored Links
Very little adjustment on those butt hinges Im afraid.

If you have a long straight edge of some kind (like a level) you could check to see if there is a slight bow on the locking side of the door that need straightening. Maybe even the frame is bowed out a touch.

Even if its not bowed in and you just need a few more mm you could take the bead out of the handle side and put a packer or two between the frame and the glass to bow the door out a touch. Thats assuming the door doesn't have a midrail.

Sponsored Links
Move the top and bottom over too because at the moment all you've done is any the PVC rather than moving the door over because the top and bottom hinges are holding it back or as gazman says the frame could be bowed the opposite way, easiest way would be to flick a bead out and pack the door off the glass

All done.
Ive adjusted the top hinge & seems a lot better.
Cant adjust the bottom hinge as i can get onto the allen key due to it being right next to a wall.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back