Conservatory guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every year when it snows my guttering on my conservatory fails. The clips holding the guttering up become brittle in the cold, and the weight of the snow sliding off the roof snaps the little lugs holding the bracket in place.
My question is, the last time I bought brackets, they had a hole in them, that looks like it would take a screw. Is it safe to screw into the aluminium rail. I imagine a bit of silicone between the rail and bracket would help keep any moisture out.
I noticed this year, that most of the brackets haven't actually snapped, they've just unclipped from the rail.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Take off the guttering and clad the Ali in 100mm general purpose flat smooth soffit. Then fit domestic square or round gutter. We do loads of these each winter. Those concealed brackets are ****

Thanks for the reply. Can I just ask, how do you attach the soffit to the aluminium? And is is safe to drive screws into the Ali?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back