CONSERVATORY OUTLET FOUND GUILTY BY ADVERTISING AUTHORITY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please be aware:-

Conservatory Outlet have been found guilty by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

A complainant challenged whether their customer testimonials were genuine.

The complaint was upheld by the ASA

The ASA Report was published Wednesday 20 March 2013

To the date of this posting, 1 May 2013 the Conservatory Outlet have not complied with the ASA adjudication.

Sponsored Links
Conservatory Outlet have been caught again by the Advertising Standards Authority for their misleading advertising.

The ASA's website printed basic information about the Outlet's misleading advertising, on Wednesday 17 July 2013.

I was forwarded a copy of the complaint and evidence submitted to the ASA and I have copied the evidence below, for the public to see. The customer testimonials are almost identical for two different companies.

Greenway Home Improvements' Customer Testimonial:-

201000_200900_64128_10918755_thumb.jpg

Hi again,

Just a quick mail to say thank you Greenway for all of your help with our new bespoke conservatory. Everyone was very helpful and professional.

The fitters were very impressed on how it all pieced together and that there wasn’t even a need to adjust the frames. They said they often have to do this when working for other manufacturers.

Anyway, we are thrilled with the new conservatory, it looks beautiful and is extremely secure with double glazing windows and doors coming with fantastic locks and I think that it is probably one of the best conservatories in Cardiff.

We have suggested your company to all of our friends and family. It was also nice to know that you were available to give out some helpful advice when needed, and once we had the planning go-ahead from the council, everything was easily completed.

We will definately be coming back in the future.

Jane Lindly

Cardiff

South Glamorgan

Planet South Lakes Customer Testimonials:-

201000_200900_64129_76302222_thumb.jpg

I have just written a quick email to say thank you for the installation of our new conservatory. Everyone was extremely polite and professional and we are thrilled with our new P-shaped conservatory.

The fitters were very impressed on how it fitted together and that there was no need to adjust the frames – which they said they often have to when working for other manufacturers. It took them three days to complete.

We have recommended your company to all of our friends and the oh so jealous neighbours. It was also reassuring to know that you were available to give advice and once we had the planning go-ahead from the council, everything was very easy and straight forward to sort.

I highly recommend these conservatories in Cumbria.

Sandra Randers

Windermere

Why the need for fake customer testimonials?

Sponsored Links
Good for you Honesty, chase the rascals out.

I hate this obvious, institutionalised lying about references ( or anything else ) it cheapens further, an already cheapskate world.

By and large, conservatory sales people are on a par with double glazing sales, damp proof "surveyors" (salespeople) and kitchen floggers - all the same crew actually.

In a word, anybody who doesn't do useful work for a living.
One can understand, of course, the penniless and desperate chancer, saying anything to get a foot in the door of employment, and fair enough.

Of course, my rant is useless in a world where lying rules the governments, banks, & police and is considered a necessary asset to worldly success.

You built two conservatory's in one year! That's a bit flash! :p

Two companies because the first company Gwent Aluminium & UPVC Products Ltd. of 4 Grange Industrial Estate Cwmbran NP44 8HQ, constructed a conservatory. Before the conservatory was completed it was found to be unsafe, leaking badly and not fit for purpose.

The company Gwent Aluminium dismantled the conservatory completely, damaging my family home throughout, then went into liquidation before re-building the new conservatory. This left my family out of pocket by thousands of pounds & with a damaged home.

That's when we approached an alleged professional company, Greenway Home Improvements (Greenway), a part of Conservatory Outlet.

Greenway having been told of the case involving Gwent Aluminium, requested copies of the photograph we had taken of the previous work carry out by Gwent Aluminium.

It turned out Greenway fitters simply copied some of the bad workmanship Gwent Aluminium had done. Yet, Greenway went steps further to deceive my family out of money.

One example is Greenway installed clear roofing glass instead of blue. Then insisted for months it was Activ blue and even brought, to my home a conservatory fitter, who still insisted it was blue. That was until we requested samples of the two different colour of glass, that was when the ex-director, now Managing Director Mr Andrew Green back down and admitted that Greenway had not fitted blue glass, it was clear.

Additionally, Greenway falsely claiming on Greenway letter headed paperwork that the company were members of the BBA, EST, BM TRADA. The response from Andrew Green was that if one accreditation was wrong they were all wrong.

After falling foul to two Double Glazing Companies and researching the DG industry, myself, family and friends thought it was about time the DG industry were shown up for what they really are.

It takes time but were publishing videos to shown their true colours.

Here’s a link to the Gwent Aluminium video we produced:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjWXjgZFGl0

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back