Worc Bosch took 20 minutes for boiler "service". B

Perhaps you are right about the hex BUT as with the fixed price repairs and servicing it's down to your location so is it still the case here in London?

I've got a cust with a leaking CDI....the hex plugs on the front have leaked, WB tell me it's not covered under the 10 year hex warranty and not covered under a fixed price deal. If they took out a policy would it be covered that way? WB customer service no NOTHING when it comes to these scenarios. They just tell you to pay your money and take your chance...you still pay even if they tell you it's not covered.

The fan pull test just measures the negative pressure at the fan inlet, that's dependent on the fan blade cleanliness, the hex cleanliness, the lenght of the flue and any debris within it. It's pretty meaningless IMHO. It doesn't tell you anything about the electrodes or gasket condition, trap/syphon condition etc.

Since it's easy to do it's my preference to check the current. Of course it doesn't tell you the state of the ignition electrodes.

Go ahead and tell me the flaws...always willing to learn :) I'm sure I've missed out a few checks and maybe there are some Worcester tips you could tell me. Open a discussion in the CC.

Sponsored Links
I live in a hard water area. I suspect that's what lead to the demise of the first hex. Every few days water would be found beneath the boiler and inside of the flap that hides to controls. At this time the boiler was about 6 years old.

WB visited about 3 times, trying to suss the cause. At that stage they were baffled. I'd measured the pH of the water and found it to be slightly acid, indicating it was condensate from the combustion process.

WB got their fellow in charge of all of the technicians (national level responsibility), he came all the way up from Worcester to see the boiler when I told them about the pH. He decided a new hex was called for.

They fitted this free of charge. I think my contract covers all parts, no mater what. Its an old contract that maybe they don't offer anyone.

Anyway it was the answer. It's been ok since.

Later I fitted a Scalewatcher to the mains water inlet (I'd been impressed by how they performed in an industrial application I was involved in). After about three weeks I had to lower the DHW temp, as it had increased beyond comfort levels. I believe my hex was scaling up, the cause of the first ones demise now believe.

Apart from anything else, I've already established myself as "Mr Angry" following the 20 minute service complaint, why then, of all customers they had lined up this morning would they choose to drop me in? It as if they like ranting customers and bad publicity.

Regards
Paul

Have you considered your "MR Angry" rants as a reason for them ignoring you?

I would go out of my way to help a customer that had been dicked about but I wouldn't if that customer just wanted to rant and rave at me.

Keep calm and get your point across in a firm but controlled manner and you will likely get better service.

Sponsored Links
Nickso,

When I say Mr Angry here's what I actually posted on their online system:

"The service visit was completed this morning. My father attended on my behalf.

Having since spoken to my father it turns out the whole service took about 10 minutes and no report was left by your Technician.

Having attended several of your services myself and I know that it normally it takes much longer than this due to the extent of checks that are carried out. Normally 45 minutes.

Therefore I would like you to confirm to me what the scope of checks should be for this service and if 10 minutes is sufficient to cover them. Remember I have paid nearly £200 for this work and have already accessed the internet where I easily found out how long each service provider states is necessary for the service and what it should cover.

I am not at all pleased. If I do not receive adequate information and a satisfactory outcome I will not be renewing this contract with your company again".

Not so angry in hindsight. What do you think?

I admit I was angry with them yesterday when I'd waited in for 3 hours for the Technicians follow up visit. They cancelled my visit, but didn't bother to call me to apologise or rearrange. I'd cancelled my own plans to wait in for that visit.

I wasn't angry with them when I had to wait nine days for a reply to the initial email I posted either.

But I've got limits of tolerance. And yesterday they eventually got the better of me and I got angry.

Would you treat your customers like they treat me?

Regards
Paul

I am not at all pleased. If I do not receive adequate information and a satisfactory outcome I will not be renewing this contract with your company again".

Not so angry in hindsight. What do you think?

I admit I was angry with them yesterday when I'd waited in for 3 hours for the Technicians follow up visit. They cancelled my visit, but didn't bother to call me to apologise or rearrange. I'd cancelled my own plans to wait in for that visit.

Regards
Paul

Oh dear!

You dont seem to realise that they are staff and have no interest in you renewing your contact or not! Moreover because you are acting as Mr Angry they know they will be far better off without you! Dont you see that?

They had NOT cancelled a visit to you! They had never scheduled one!

Perhaps as an oversight? Perhaps because you act as Mr Angry and thats their turn to get at back you? Who knows?

U basically get a basic safety check for ur money mate, do u honestly think you can get a full service an full parts an labour cover for £200 a year? Ur paying for INSURANCE

Bunnyman,

I thought this years visit was short because all of the other years they spent around 45 minutes doing checks on my boiler. Their own manager agreed that I hadn't got the proper amount of work done this time. That's why he rescheduled another visit.

I think they really are doing more than basic checks, well at least that is their intention. Which based on the feedback I've gotten from my post (i.e. most people think WB will do a bare minimum on such a visit) is commendable on their part.

Its just a shame they've failed to deliver, twice now.

But i see your point, whatever level of work they set out to do, I really have more of an insurance policy than anything else.

Agile,

Well I've had this contract for over 10 years, in today's money they've had over £2k from me. Plus the original boiler cost. You might be right about the telephone staff not caring, but companies don't survive by losing customers. Its in their interests to keep people like me on their books. If they sort this out I'm going to be happy. I think their boilers are good to start with, so I'll be likely to buy another. With another service contract.

I believe WB are a fundamentally good company. If i don't complain and just take my business elsewhere i am not doing them any favours. Instead I'm giving them a chance to put things right here. I'm also highlighting some shortcomings to them, that if not rectified could cost them more customers.

My issue was internally raised to manager level, on their own initiative. That shows they do care. Their manager even gave me his mobile number and told me to contact him if there were any more problems.

Regards
Paul

My issue was internally raised to manager level, on their own initiative. That shows they do care. Their manager even gave me his mobile number and told me to contact him if there were any more problems.

Regards
Paul

I am glad that you are so easily made happy again.

But when you called him it just went to voicemail !

Perhaps he has a second phone to use to give to angry customers which ALWAYS goes to voicemail?

These large firm are NOT interested in individual customers, they are in mass markets and rely on churn to keep up their customer numbers.

Agile,

His voice mail recording explained he was on holiday, and he's back next week. I've spoken to the guy once before, and I have faith in him. I think you're theory is a bit far fetched. I think you might also be pulling my leg.

I agree with you on one thing, it won't take WB much to make me happy again. Mistakes will always happen, its how they are rectified that's the mark of a good company.

Watch this space.

Regards
Paul

Nat Grid forgot to schedule some work at my property!

Then when they did it snowed and they knocked to say they could not do it.

When they came back they did half but there was a car parked opposite so they could not complete it that day.

They then sent a letter saying they would send me a cheque for 270 pounds. Not had any cheque yet but it was a nice letter!

Why are you trying to get this WB engineer the sack.

Bang out of order. If your dad is going to tell tales why not say this to the WB engineer.

Hate people who are sneaky

Hate ****e engineers going a ****e job that hide behind manufacturers uniforms.
If this was a BG guy doing 20mins you'd all say its scandalous.

Hate s***te engineers going a s***te job that hide behind manufacturers uniforms.
If this was a BG guy doing 20mins you'd all say its scandalous.

I thought it was the independent service engineers whom you hated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back