WB Greenstar Annual service made it worse!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Under the Extended service option I had my WB Greenstar put through its first annual service this week. Today I noticed a puddle under the boiler, it's been leaking ever since it was serviced, though I couldn't tell because the water was initially collecting in the plastic cover under the boiler. I've called WB and their systems are down so they can't arrange an appointment at the moment, typical excuse.

I've identified that the water is coming from the top of the syphon where it joins the sump, according the the instruction manual there is no reason to remove the syphon assembly during service so any ideas what has happened? When the service was taking place the engineer spent a lot of time messing with the hot water tap, does this sound normal or do you think he maybe realised he screwed something up, since the leak is most obvious when the hot water is running.

The boiler was perfect before the service!

Thanks
Not a happy WB customer.

Sponsored Links
Why didn't you call them as soon as you saw the leak?
My guess would be that there is a blockage in the waste rather than a problem with the actual boiler. It is almost impossible to connect the trap wrong, and rather unlikely to break it as well.

Hi, I did call them as soon as I saw the problem, it was serviced on thursday and I noticed this morning, the water had been collecting in the plastic tray which fits under these boilers so it only overflowed onto the kitchen top this morning which is when I noticed it. I checked the outside pipe that the outlet drains into and it's clear so no reason why the outlet wouldnt drain into it if it was working.

Has the slope or positioning of the condensate pipe been altered at all. Any area where the water can collect can upset the syphoning. If the bottom end of the pipe is submerged this can also cause problems.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your reply, as far as I am aware, nothing has changed since the original installation re waste pipes etc, everything is as it was on install and it's run fine for a year as it was. The only thing that has changed is that it has been serviced and since the service it leaks. Hopefully their computer system will be back up some time and someone will come look at it.

Engineer came and fitted a new syphon, all seems well so far fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back