Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i Making Intermittent Loud Vibration Noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm hoping someone may be able to offer their advice on a loud intermittent vibrating noise that I'm getting from my WB Greenstar Junior 28i combi boiler please. The sound occurs when the boiler is running and is sporadic (it may occur 2-3 times in an hour but then not occur again for 2-3 hours). I've managed to capture a recording (via link below) of the noise in which you can hear the noise occur and then the sound of the boiler firing up.

(Titled WB Vib Noise)

The water pressure is fine.
Heating and hot water is working fine.
Boiler has never given me any problems thus far.Its about 8 years old. Out of warranty but has been serviced recently (by a WB approved engineer) and which flagged up no concerns.

Has anyone come across this kind of noise from a boiler before, and can offer any advice or a diagnosis please?
Any input gratefully received and appreciated.
Many thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
sounds like a combustion problem, not someting you can sort yourself Im afraid , call Worcester direct and ask them to service it, being WB approved simply means they fit lots of their boilers , doesnt mean they know what happens inside them

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Many thanks for the input and advice ianmcd- much appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back