Worcs Bosch installer but not on their list help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a few quotes to get a new 30SI installed as a replacement for my old boiler including power flush and wireless thermostat. They were 1900, 2200 and 2500. With the bigger two done during the cold snap! Anyways accepted the lowest quote as he was a WB register installer and could give a 7 year guarantee etc. Only thing is when you go to the WB website and put in my postcode his company doesn't come up. So I called WB and they informed me he was on their list and had even done some extra training and had a humours sounding title which I forget. Why would he not have come up on the search? Do you have to pay WB a sub to appear on those search results perhaps? Also any reason why his quote was that much less?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Sponsored Links
most prob a bronze or silver member ... they pay for the privalage of you getting the extenede waranty

Gold and platinum members dont pay Worcester and only they appear on the website

Don't understand. So my chap pays yet doesn't appear on their search yet others don't pay yet appear on the search? But bottom line not much to worry about? Almost he doesn't need to go out of his way to attract business hence possibly suggesting a good word of mouth rep?

He might not live near you... I live 60 miles from some of my customers.

If he is not on the list it means he has not installed enough to be a gold member.

It is marketing guff really.

Sponsored Links
Ben,what is your concept of a registered or accredited installer? Unless someone can say different for Worcestor ,the only requirement to be accredited is to sell enough of their boilers, as a company. Therefore 3 guys working together can get to be Gold, whereas a one man band may struggle.

There is no requirement to produce quality work! Worcestor will still,potentialy, refuse warranty wok if the failure is due to installation faults.

I have no beef against Worcestor, just the fact that most, if not all, boiler manufacturers adopt this approach, and it can create some illusions.

to be come accredited you have to go on Worcester training courses

Not Much to them but thats the way they work ..... its more a case of that they invite you rather than you contact them

Many other manufactures offer something similar but you have to fit x amount a year

If you get to many warranty call outs to your work then they de-register you ......... If there due to installer error

Spoke to WB and they confirmed that he's a bronze member. I assume it's a fairly straight forward job and if he's gone to the trouble of being a member he know's what he's doing. Any ideas how long a job like this will take? Straight swap, power flush and remote thermostat install. The rad valves are already thermostatic so they're ok. A little concerned as to why he was a good bit cheaper. I had to chase him up for the estimate and have had to wait over a month so it wasn't like he was chasing the work. He seemed genuine enough and knew what he was talking about. The other estimates where done when it was -5 so presume that may have added a few quid to proceedings! Does 1900 sound like a fair price for the 30SI?

Cheers

Ben

An expensive quote is certainly no guarantee of a better job. Can't really comment on the prices given but I would speak to your preferred bidder and ask him directly. Let him see the other quotes if necessary so you can check the same work is included. If you're happy go with him.

If you're not spend an extra £600.....but you'll need to verify what you are getting for the extra money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back