Worcester Bosch 24i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone

i desperately desperately need your help because i dont know how much more of this i can take.

i paid £3000 for a boiler install, system flush and disposal of an old back boiler. im not going to name the company at this stage.

they came to quote, took a look at my rads, said they were fine. offered me WB Junior 24i, 24/7 call centre, 6 term rad valves, RF roomstat, 1 yr guarantee, gas notification certs and 5yr warranty.

exactly 4 weeks after install it stopped working. basically, it was firing up for 30minutes then cutting out, and was only heating up half my rads.

i rang the 24/7 on the friday evening. it was closed.

rang saturday morning, was told they are closed until monday. fuming.

rang back on saturday to say it was unacceptable, they got the installer to call me. he told it wasnt his problem and i had to ring Worcester Bosch.

rang WB on saturday, they sent someone out on monday. no heating for 3 days.

WB came, said roomstat is dodgy. replaced roomstat and front control panel on the boiler. it worked fine. was advised rads needed balancing. installer came tuesday night to balance. sorted.

3 weeks later i.e this morning: heating didnt come on at all. checked roomstat, it thinks its on. check boiler, its not on.

come home from work tonight, put it on manual at 25degrees. highest it will go is 17.5, and it cuts out after halfhour.

just rang installer, they cant get in touch with the actual installer so ive been offered a callback tomorrow morning. will i get one?

personally, i want it replaced. and i want some money back because i chose these guys on the premise they had 24/7 callout. and they havent. will i get this?

can someone tell me:

how long should it take this boiler to heat up a 3bed semi with 7 rads?
is this boiler suitable for my property?
has anyone else had this problem?

this will sound completely stupid but i have enough things going on in my life right now and coming home to a freezing house is making me ill.

oh just to add - i havent received any gas notification certificates still.

any advice or support whatsoever is completely appreciated.

thanks for taking the time to read.

Sponsored Links
Hi!

how long should it take this boiler to heat up a 3bed semi with 7 rads?
is this boiler suitable for my property?

THE BOILER IS CERTAINLY SUITABLE FOR YOUR PROPERTY AND IT SHOULDN'T TAKE LONGER THAN 30 MINUTES TO HEAT EVERYTHING UP.

oh just to add - i havent received any gas notification certificates still.

SINCE GAS SAFE TOOK OVER I DON'T THINK IT IS COMPULSORY TO REGISTER INSTALLATIONS BUT UPON COMMISSIONING THE INSTALLER SHOULD HAVE GIVE YOU A GAS SAFETY CERTIFICATE.

There are too many things to take into account to say what it is and most of these would need to be checked by a heating engineer but here are some possible causes and things you can try,

1 - Is the room stat badly located? ie too close to a radiator or in a small, warm room.

2 - Is the system pressure gauge set at 1.5 bar?

3 - Does the boiler go to lock out (need resetting)? If so there will be a flashing light or fault code displayed on the boiler, try looking in the manufacturers installation instructions to see what fault it is. On some WB boilers there is a holiday setting which will run the boiler at minumum rate just to keep the boiler from freezing or parts from seizing if you go away on holiday, again check the users/installation book.

wireless controls....always a mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back