did a numpty service my boiler?

I dissagree about not needing to check Expansion vessels annually
many Boiler makers will not honour a warranty if the vessel has not been checked it is rare that I check a vessel that does not need topping up with air.. its a quick & easy job to do and lets be honest we are on site to do "Planned Maintenance" so surely we should carry out such operations to prevent breakdowns due to silly faults such as PRV letting by due to lack of air in a vessel? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I can't see any point releasing nitrogen out of a good expansion vessel to refill with air, if the customer has it cold when you get there and you test the ch up to temperature you will soon see if the vessel is ok.

Never come across a ev that only needed recharging. The only ones I had found to be faulty are knackered ones, or ones with a clogged up feed.

Sponsored Links
generally a newish condensing boiler only requires an inspection and check of the co2...this will reveal how clean the heat exchanger is and whether it needs cleaning out...
Hi, Try this for size.I have waited 3 weeks for a Heating Manifold Diaphragm change from Homeserve.Came yesterday, 4 hours and 2 phone calls, 1 to Vokera, the 2nd to his college, he was told air block was causing diaphragm to operate in reverse.He claimed he was stumped.After bleeding,it was ok, FOR 5 MINUTES, then heat exchanger burst.As he kept firing it up repeatedly with no fan working, he took cover off and it was black with soot.It passed it,s emission test , by said engineer and his supervisor, only 10 days prior, whist checking diaphragm. Today,they will not fix it, too dear £210 parts.Said they would cancel policy and refund £200 towards new boiler.Left high and dry, no heat or hot water, or apology.even though they knew he was at fault. trying to get a good indepedant firm who can fit new one asap.Does anyone rate the big boys, BG etc?Need one soon.worcester or valiant.OR do I use the £200 and replace the exchanger>17 yearsold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back