Oil Boiler Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Can anyone tell me what exactly is included in an oil boiler service ?
Is there a set content for a service by a governing body?
We have our Heatslave done every year but none of the engineers seem to check the same things, the last one said that one of the filters from the tank must be blocked but he doesn't do that because we'd lose too much oil ?
We did it ourselves & didn't lose a drop.

Advice please guys
Dawn xx

Sponsored Links
No governing body involved. Your owners manual will have a section on annual service recommendations. It is a guide and is rarely followed by service engineers to the letter otherwise some boilers would take a few hours to do. Engineers use what is loosely referred to as engineering judgement, and will only do what is required to clean and service only what is necessary to get the boiler running safely and efficiently.

I've just told someone a service should take 1.1/2hours at least clean combustion chamber,clean baffles,check fan is clean,fit new nozzle check pump,and filter check tank filter,do a full analysis with a flue gas analyser and provide you with a written report.If not report him to OFTEC and get an inspector there. Bob

Sponsored Links
Bless you Bob, an engineer has just left & I'' glad to say he did all of that, first time ever an engineer has been so thorough - hurrah
Thank you x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back