Unserviceable boiler installation

Sponsored Links
What is the name of this company who failed so badly at the 1st hurdle when one of their* engineers, sent to investigate a reported fault/service a newly installed boiler could not be bothered to figure out how to help you out, after they have taken your hard earned cash!

How much effort would it have taken them to speak to you to establish just how comes there is no access to the boiler for servicing?! If it is purely down to a poor installation then the engineer should have been your voice back to the installer telling them what a rubbish job has been done and that they need to put it right!

If the access problem is something that you have caused, again surely they could have worked with you at the time to explain the issue and then with your permission made an attempt to get the required access.

If the company who installed it is the Company who now say it cannot be serviced, I would be sending them a recorded delivery letter asking them to rectify it, making arrangements within 14 days of receipt, and advising them that if no response is received you will initiate a small claims action to recover the cost of remedial work. Just be sure of your facts.

Sponsored Links
They removed the cupboard to install it. I have finally had a reply from them and a visit booked for Monday to address the issue after I mentioned to them that I would be taking advice from gas safe! Fingers crossed! Again thanks for all the advice.

Have a close look at how the shelf is fixed in.

Can it be removed without damaging it?

If so, make sure the guys coming round to service the boiler know this. That way, they can remove it properly and put it back properly without damaging it

Addressing the issue is going to either involve raising the boiler (very unlikely) or altering the cupboard.

TBH they should have outlined all of that to you when they were putting the boiler in and refitted the cupboard and pointing out that they would have to modify the cupboard to allow access for servicing in the future. Not very clever or professional of them TBH.

Make sure they are very clear about what they are going to do before they start, so you will be happy with the end result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back