Conservatory Placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Conservatory that I got from my sister as she is upgrading. The problem is where to erect it.

OK here goes. If I put the conservatory in can I block the existing Door up and possibly move the boiler flue over - or buy a new condensing model (although the existing boiler is 15 years old it is good working order). This would allow me to put the conservatory central to the window (which would be opened up to make way for a doorway).

There is a drain pipe in the way also. This could be relocated but still leaves a drain to close off. (Ideas?)

Options
1. Block up Existing Door (If Allowed). Buy new boiler and relocate it. Move Drainpipe.
2. Locate Conservatory 600mm from flue and move window opening and Drainpipe.
3. Sell the conservatory and put the house up for sale.

The Conservatory is Edwardian Style with double doors.

Any Advice is always appriciated

Sponsored Links
Strange Question, is the first thing that came to mind when I read this post.

Firstly, do you want to fit this conservatory or not...?

If not sell it..........!

If you do, it would be quite handy to know some dimensions of your house and the conservatory and also where is the door placed in the conservatory...? What is the conservatory made from...? etc etc How much are you prepared to spend...?

Do you realise that a new condensing combi will cost as much as a new made to measure conservatory....?

All of the above are all important in planning this installation... :rolleyes:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Gary

Yes I do want to erect the Conservatory, selling it is a last resort.

Hope you can view these photos OK.

I have positioned the Conservatory in the ideal location not accounting for the boiler flue.

Conservatory is this style:

Another Shot of the Proposed Placement!

Haven't got the specs on the sizes of the conservatory but I guess the Diagram is a fair representation. (Shown in Green)

Build a freestanding wall in the garden and put it in front of it as a summerhouse :eek: :idea:

Sponsored Links
Can you not have it up to the kitchen window then have a half of window in the breakfast area?

Simple changes can be made to the flu so I wouldn't worry about that unless you are really considering a new boiler installation anyway.

Are you proposing opening the widow so it is a door and bricking up the existing door and inserting a window in its place to the garden...? Or are you considering entering the consevatory from the garden...?

I would expect the back door to be leading directly into the conservatory.... :?:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Gary59 said:
Simple changes can be made to the flu so I wouldn't worry about that unless you are really considering a new boiler installation anyway.

Are you proposing opening the widow so it is a door and bricking up the existing door and inserting a window in its place to the garden...?

I Like this idea...Gary

What simple changes can be made to the flu? Can I take it higher or to the side?

Wanted to open the window up as it will give a better feel of space.

If building regs will allow then I would block up the existing back door.

Thanks in advance :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back