conservatory roof leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My conservatory rook is leaking from the central point. Someone came out twice and applied sealant but it still leaks. From where it leaks inside, there is a fan so I'm highly concerned as there are electrics involved.

For now the fan has been disconnected, but I'm sick of looking at my conservatory everyday realising it is wasted space. It's time to get this fixed. Is there anything else I could try first? is it worth calling someone else, or applying better quality sealant?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150705_154316.jpg
    IMG_20150705_154316.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 311
Sponsored Links
When you say 'sealant' do you mean mastic/silicone type sealant or something else?

Is that the point of the leak where the darker area is just to the left of the centre of the photo?

hey, wish I knew what type of silicone it was but didn't ask at the time. I'm not sure where the leak is coming from to be honest :(

Ah...okay...thought maybe your pic showed the point of the roof leak.

One of the helpful experts will be able to better advise you. Sure one will be along shortly.

Sponsored Links
If its not obvious, then that ridge needs to come off and the area checked and reassembled with new gaskets.

Otherwise its all trial and error

In my experience it is caused when the poly sheets slip down. They are usually cut too short so when gravity plays its tricks you get a leak. They need pushing back up and fixing in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back