Conservatory roof replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house I'm looking at buying has a porch and conservatory of the same construction, brick then UPC windows and the a type of roof I've not come across before.
The roof is constructed of 2" or 3" square plastic box beams that interlock to form the glazing of the roof and are also self supporting.
There is some damage to these and I got a window guy in to get a quote. He was recommended buy a friend as being low prices and on the other quotes he seemed very good but he said he struggled with the price on the roofs.

Porch £700
Conservatory £1070
Which seams a bit more than I wan to pay.

Just wondered could the roof on the conservatory be changed to a more common easier to repair maintain type?
Could I replace the porch roof with a tiled roof to match the house?

Is there anything I would need to check to see if the above is possible?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Custard Avenger, I have what sounds like the same roof on the conservatory of the house we bought last year. Never seen the like and can't find any info - did you get any joy with yours?

Mmm a 2010 post from someone with only 34 posts. I'd normally say your chances of a response are slim, but he's been on the forum this month so I reckon you have better odds of a response than England winning the rugby today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back