conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
once i have removed a garage can i use the concrete base to install a lean to conservatory, meaning can i build the dwarf wall straight on to the base or will i have to dig it out and lay another base.

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about an existing concrete pad as opposed to existing foundations and brickwork?

If the answer is a concrete pad, then i would say don't bother. Smack it up, dig a foundation trench, lay some concrete then build up off this.

That is not to say that the remaining base concrete, within the new structure, can not be used as sub base. It will depend upon the new floor level relative to the old base.

thank you for that information, seems i was being conned by so called builder.

Sponsored Links
But presuming the garage was of brick construction presumes there are foundations which would be adequate to take a conservatory wall.
Check with the builder exactly what they meant before casting aspersions.
Perhaps they were trying to save you money by utilising the existing pad for conservatory floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back