Consistent abuse of young boys over many decades by Catholic Preists

• Thread starter Deleted member 63160
  • Start date
Perhaps a very relevant paragraph from the same report listed earlier:
"Although the problem of sexual abuse is widespread in Pacific societies, there is a tendency to deny that the problem could be home-grown and to assume that sexual abuse of children is only committed by foreigners. This is because it is much easier to report criminal sexual behaviour of a foreigner, if it can be detected, and to punish him or her, than it is if the abuser is a local."

Sponsored Links
in some religions, it is considered essential that all ministers are married family people.

How can you sensibly ask your pastor for advice about subjects of which he has no experience?

You might as well ask the pope's opinion on birth control.

Perhaps a very relevant paragraph from the same report listed earlier:
"Although the problem of sexual abuse is widespread in Pacific societies, there is a tendency to deny that the problem could be home-grown and to assume that sexual abuse of children is only committed by foreigners. This is because it is much easier to report criminal sexual behaviour of a foreigner, if it can be detected, and to punish him or her, than it is if the abuser is a local."

What a load of crap

Sponsored Links
what is behind the abuse Catholic priests commit?

is it driven by frustration due to celibacy.....or is it that Catholic priests are paedophiles......or some other reason

My guess is that celibacy could be a contributing factor. I know of two er very "manly" types who had a moment in nick on a long term. Maybe the church attracts some who assume they can fiddle and get away with it. Who knows. Tis true though that the church often covers for those that sin.

This is because it is much easier to report criminal sexual behaviour of a foreigner

Rather than me answering your questions, I suggest you read the report.

Aaah, anything longer than a few words is beyond you. :rolleyes:

I could go on to the Breastplate of Righteousness, but you would not get through that either.

upload_2018-6-4_20-17-40.png

Deviance: A Symbolic Interactionist Approach
By Nancy J. Herman

The priests aren't allowed to have sexual relations with women or men but if they feel a bit horny , no one says anything if they rape a few children.

Sponsored Links
Back