Constant Bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a new 600X600 radiator in my bathroom, it replaced an old one that always needed bleeding (cold at top warm at bottom, lot's of air inside) I thought it was due to internal corrosion because it was an old radiator.
I have fitted a new radiator and this one is doing the same, it's the only one in the house that needs constant bleeding, about every two weeks!!!
Anyone got any ideas???

Sponsored Links
What system have you got.

Sounds like it could be sucking in from the open vent if you have one, or you may have a hidden leak so the system is constantly getting topped up with fresh water.

Heating should always be bled with the heating off. Otherwise you may suck air in making the problem worse..

it might be positioned where it catches all the gas from the system.

I know someone where a bedroom rad directly above the boiler does this (vent pipe is along a corridor).

It also helps to give the system a clean and, on final refill, add corrosion inhibitor, unless you know this has recently been done.

Sponsored Links
Your open vent and cold feed positions are critical here. Ingress of air due to poor system design will generally gather in closest rad to pump. As a temporary measure, place a baloon over the open vent and see if the problem stops.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back