Constantly running pump and pressure question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Tribune HE 150L indirect (according to a sticker on it!) and I have a couple of questions that I hope some good soul can answer for me. I have a small grundfos pump that appears to be from the boiler flow and it never stops running irrespective of what the boiler is doing. I expect some overrun but should it be constant? It only stops when I switch the fused spur off to the programmer. I have only noticed it since changing from a PRT2 thermostat to a standard type. I got the wiring instructions from this site and it works fine so I don't know if the pump has always done this and I am imagining that the two are related. Also, I have an expansion vessel on a wall bracket and I don't know what the gauge should read, its reading nothing at the moment. There is a red needle but I dont know if this is a limit or is the correct reading that the other needle should also be at. Does any of that make sense to anyone.
thanks in advance.
Ian. :unsure:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back