Constructing a bath panel for tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to tile the side of the bath rather than use the cheap looking acrylic bath panel. So, I thought I'd use 12mm WBP, fixed in place onto batons running vertically from the timber floor to the timber of the bath. I want to design in access to the pipework at the tap end in case of leaks/servicing the taps etc.

So my question is, has anyone done this before and got any tips? What is the best way to construct a door in the ply - before or after tiling? I don't intend to do the bathroom tiling myself, getting a pro in. The tiles are mosaic 2.5cm x 2.5cm, they come in sheets 30cm square.

Many thanks, MODS - should I post this in the carpentry section too?

+++++
No
+++++

Sponsored Links
HI done a few of these .i usally do a completly removeable panel fixed with some cup and scews disceatly placed, a little bit hevier but a better finish. it all depends on the space u have to remove it hope this helps.....

HI done a few of these .i usally do a completly removeable panel fixed with some cup and scews disceatly placed, a little bit hevier but a better finish. it all depends on the space u have to remove it hope this helps.....
Hi there tonygerm, yes I see what you mean. I have limited space available so I want to incorporate door(s) in the panel. These might also be useful for storing cleaning equipment etc.

How about putting two doors on there, using architrave build them in as a picture frame wich will overlap the tiles hiding the joints (just a thought !)

Sponsored Links
Done a few, I think the best one are the door panel sitting in front of the tiles (tiles behind the door) on each end, one for water service and the other for storage space

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back