Advice needed with fitting ply floor and bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right section for my question but here goes.
In my bathroom, I am tiling onto floorboards + WBP plywood layer and an aquapanel bath panel. (New frame for bath panel also has to be fitted).
Its only a small bathroom with one bath panel required along the longer side of the bath.

Questions:
(1) What would you fit first prior to tiling - ply floor or bath panel?
(2) If ply floor is fitted first, would you fit ply floor so that the bath frame and panel rests on top of the ply floor or would you fit ply level with edge of bath and just rest/secure the bath frame and panel to the floor boards.
(3) If bath frame and panel is fitted on top of ply floor would you also fit the ply floor so that the front 2 legs of the bath also sits on top of the new ply floor. This is the way the old thin plywood floor which I removed, was fitted.

Sponsored Links
Yes you are prob in wrong section. But we found you. I usually make sure all boards are screwed down tight, to elim squeeks (mind pipes) Fix down 3mm ply with lots of stapled nails, fit bath and screw down, tile floor and grout, fit wc and basin, fit bath panel over tiles which run slightly under bath. Tight bead of silicon bath panel to floor for water tight. If wall tiling, just after bath goes in, so access to all walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back